Welcome to the Food Allergy Support Group of Minnesota! We empower families affected by food allergies by providing support, education and a community to build personal connections. You’re invited to travel through our site to learn about food allergies and attain the support that fits your needs.
|Sun May 19, 2013 @02:00PM - 03:30PM|
FASGMN - Youth Empowered Support (YES) Event - May 2013
Y.E.S. (Youth Empowered by Support)
2:00 to 3:30 pm
Colonial Church, Edina
The goal of the YES program is to encourage social connections and to practice skills that promote food allergy safety. Meetings will be offered for learning, playing, and making connections. Through a variety of fun activities, kids will learn emotional and social skills needed for coping with their food allergies.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS NOON ON THURSDAY, MAY 16TH
View the bios of Kaia and Alba, the YES program coordinators and Tracy, YES program nurse.
The Y.E.S. program is for children with food allergies ages 5-12. We will split the kids into two, possibly three groups, 5-6 year olds, 7-9 year olds and 10-12 year olds .
- Parents are allowed to drop registered children off ONLY if appropriate action plans and emergency medications are given to FASGMN staff at the event.
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend the support group meeting that will take place at the same time and place.
A registered nurse will attend the event and manage any medication administration.
No gum, candy, food, or drinks can be brought or consumed during the event.
Prepare before the event:
- Please print and sign our waiver to turn in at the event. FASGMN will keep the waiver on file for future events.
- If your child is prescribed an epinephrine auto-injector, make a copy of your child's Food Allergy Action Plan (signed by your doctor) to turn in at the event. FASGMN will keep the action plan on file for future events.
- If your child carries an asthma rescue inhaler, make a copy of your child's Asthma Action Plan (signed by your doctor) to turn in at the event. FASGMN will keep the action plan on file for future events.
After clicking on the "Register" link below, choose one of the options given:
I am registering as an individual (Choose if you have 1 child to register.)
I am registering as part of a group (Choose if you have 2 or more children to register.) The number of registrants in your group is the number of children you are registering.
IF YOU DON'T SEE THE WORD "REGISTER" CLICK ON THE FASGMN - Youth Empowered Support (YES) LINK ABOVE AND THEN YOU WILL SEE IT ON THAT PAGE.