- Make sure your friends and teachers know about your food allergies. They can help you stay safe.
- If you eat something that makes you feel sick, tell an adult right away. Don’t keep it a secret!
- Know what you’re allergic to and know what kinds of foods to stay away from.
- Read the ingredient list on every food label EVERY time you eat it. Sometimes food companies change recipes, and you always need to know what you’re eating.
- Ask questions about food. Sometimes things can have surprising ingredients!
- Bring snacks with you when you’re going to be away from home, in case you can’t find a safe food to buy when you’re hungry.
- Always have your EpiPen or Twinject medicine with you, in case you accidentally eat something unsafe. (It’s kind of like wearing a seatbelt– you don’t expect to be in a car accident, but you always wear your seat belt just in case.)
More Topics for Kids
See the navigation panel on the right sidebar.